Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Taper of 2 Races

I need some help to keep me from really going off the deep end this week. I just realized there are only 9 days to the Desert Classic and 16 days to count down to 50 miles at Rocky Raccoon. The racewalking clinic is the filling... oh my goodness I am thinking about cake for some strange reason. A friend suggested Double Stuff Oreos…

I think Dave's clinic is weighing heavier on my mind than the two races. Last night I dreamed my 5k best dropped to 28 minutes flat. Now that is hilarious...

I was talking to my mom on the phone this evening about our driving trip to Phoenix next week. For some reason I had it in my head that we were leaving on Wednesday. I was getting my bills together so that I could pay them before I leave. I found the paperwork for the hotel reservations in El Paso. Turns out we are leaving on Tuesday. OOPS… Taper madness, anyone???

At least I kept my promise to self today. I did my strength training again, working upper body, lower body and core! I am so proud of myself... That makes twice this week. Patting self on back right now, while eating yogurt with slightly thawed frozen berries....

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I have a hard time believing you scheduled a marathon a week before a 50 miler. Tough schedule! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete