Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Disgusted.

Well, it’s my turn to be disgusted. Sciatica sucks. Today, my back is hurting worse. There are 17 days until the first day of the World Class Racewalking Clinic in Mesa Arizona, 18 days until the Desert Classic Marathon, and 25 days until the Rocky Raccoon 50 mile trail race in Huntsville Texas. My right leg is weak, my lower back hurts, and my whole right side is speaking words of discouragement. I can’t stretch my right hamstring properly, but the left one is ok. I have an appointment with a chiropractor on Friday. I am supposed to walk 20 miles on Saturday.

This has happened before. One or two adjustments usually puts things back where they belong and my flexibility returns.

I think this is all a result of too much walking on a cambered road. I usually always walk against traffic, so the right leg is always lower than the left one. The only time I feel comfortable walking with traffic is when the road is extra wide, or I am walking on a road with a full shoulder. Does this mean I have to start doing all of my racewalking at the high school track??? I sincerely hope not. It is not too much fun walking around in circles. The Garmin is not as accurate on a track because of the tight turns as it is out in the open on a long distance walk. I guess I could go back to using the split timer on the stop watch…

1 comment:

  1. :( so sorry to hear of your pain. I truly hope your chiropractor can help. Also hoping you can find a route that suits you that is not so cambered. Any streets where you are have a bike lane? I often walk in the bike lane the same side of the road out & back to alternate which leg gets the cambered road.

    ReplyDelete