Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009

this is a little strange, but I think it is becoming a pattern. I get exhausted by the amount of training I am doing leading up to a big race. So, I take a week off. I don't know how smart it is to take a whole 7 days off during the taper for a 100 mile race... but I am trying to do the right thing and listen to the old bod'.

Hopefully it works as well as it did in January before Phoenix and last fall before the Bass Pro marathon and Sunmart. Just to let you all know I will be reporting a walk this evening after work. I don't know how far I will walk, or how fast I will go, but I will be back out there today. BTW......... 11

I do feel a lot better after my walk this evening. I went back to the park pond excavation site. Most of my walk tonight was on grass, except for 1.4 miles of dozer tracks and huge clay clumps. Oh, joy, I found an extension to the excavation site. When I uploaded the walk to Google Earth, the place I walked still looks heavily wooded on the satellite image, but all the trees are no more now. Kind of sad, but a great place to test out the knee and ankle strength. So far, so good.

6.28 miles; 1:26:38, average pace 13:47; average HR 73%, max HR 84%. The funny thing is that I walked the fastest two miles of the evening out there at the excavation site.

"It's better to be crazy than lazy!"
Maryann

ps. stayed up late last night working on drop bag and packing lists for the trip to Ohio. This is the first time I have flown to a race. I am going nuts over the tiniest detail. I have decided to bring only absolute essentials and pick up personal hygiene products when I get there.

One other thing, I got an email from the race message boards saying that the order of trail loops is changed this year (only one small change). Ok, after I printed out my pace chart and stuff last night. As I mentioned, I was up until midnight working on all this, now I have to redo part of it. I have to have my pace chart with exact times out of each aid station with me, and a copy in each drop bag just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment