Monday, December 22, 2008

Thinner

There is one drawback to having lost a lot of weight. I am freezing. Our high here in southeast Texas today was 39. I know some of you who will read this will think I am a weenie. Well, so be it. I have lost 70+ pounds and been able to keep it off for 4, no almost 5 years. I think the fat layer was insulation.

The building I work in is old. There are 2 a/c units, and only one of them has heat. I don't have a duct off of that unit in my office. The back wall of my office is a north facing concrete block wall. Needless to say, when it is cold, I work with my coat on. If I could type with gloves on, I would wear them all day, too. Some would say to me, get a small electric heater and plug it in when it gets cold outside. HA! All of our computer equipment is plugged into the ONLY circuit in the office. Anything that produces heat trips the breaker.

Ok, Ok, I am done whining now. Tomorrow it will be 66. That's what they say about the weather in Texas, if you don't like it, just wait a little while. It'lll change.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on this - after losing my weight I am LOTS colder in the winter. And it's COLD in Utah in the winter, and I'm too cheap to heat my house very much. I guess I don't like winter too much these days! It's interesting to hear that someone else has the same experience w/it.

    ReplyDelete